It occurred to me that it might be helpful–or at least different–to introduce Preparing Your Teens for College from the standpoint of key questions that I sought to address in the book. Here are seven of them:
1. What are the key character traits teens need to be successful at a college (of any sort)?
2. How can we help our teens own the Christian faith for themselves?
3. How can we help our teens make wise relational decisions and avoid the subversive influences of the wrong crowd?
4. How can we help our teens learn sound principles of financial stewardship so that they don’t become trapped in consumer debt or excessive student loan debt?
5. How do we teach our teens to love learning and to work unto the Lord?
6. How can we help them discover their interest and talents, so that they make a wise decision regarding a college major?
7. What should they look for in a college (or trade school, or apprenticeship)?